For the month of August we have seen 71 new listings come to the market in Whistler and a total of 36 sales.
The current inventory in Whistler (total number of active listings) stands at 727 (excluding time shares and parking stalls).
Here is a link to view all the properties that have sold in Whistler over the last 30 days:
Here is a link to view all the Whistler properties that are newly listed over the last 30 days:
It is useful to track the current inventory and number of sales per month in order to determine whether one is looking at a buyer’s, neutral, or seller’s market. This is done by calculating the “month’s supply” which is the number of months that the current inventory will support – holding the current number of sales per month constant.
A Buyer’s Market implies that there is a large months’ supply (8+ months), which results in the average home spending more time on the market and having a greater chance of requiring a price reduction.
Sellers should be aware that it will likely take longer to sell their home in a buyers’ market and pricing is very important to ensure a sale at the best possible price.
A Seller’s Market implies that there is a small months’ supply (0-5 months), which results in the average home spending little time on the market and having a greater chance of selling over the asking price.
In this type of market, buyers should be aware of the limited availability of properties, and the possibility of being in a multiple offer situation.
Looking at the month of August as an example in Whistler, with an inventory of 727 and number of sales at 36, we have just over 20 months of supply. So using this analysis, we can determine that we are still experiencing a Buyers’ Market.
- Since the beginning of 2011, there have been 8 Lots and 1 home sell in Kadenwood.
- Average pricing for the lots has ranged from $1,000,000 – $2,200,000.
- Phase 2 has Sold Out and subdivision approval has now been received for both Phase 3 and 4, meaning that properties can be sold with immediate possession.
Phase 3 Update:
- 4 lots out of the 11 are either Sold or Under Contract.
- Selling prices ranged from $1,000,000 to $1,645,625
- Remaining lots are priced from $1,000,000 – $1,895,000 and range in size from 15,000 to nearly 44,000 Square Feet
- Maximum buildable sizes are from 5000 – 7500 square feet
- All sites are connected to Whistler Mountain by a very gentle ski-in/out trail with exclusive use of the Kadenwood Gondola and are prepped with services at the lot line.
Phase 4 Update:
- 3 lots out of the 9 are not Sold
- Selling prices ranged from $1,400,000 – $2,200,000.
- Remaining lots are priced from $2,395,000 – $2,895,000 and range in size from 29,000 to nearly 58,000 Square Feet
- Maximum buildable sizes for the remaining sites are all 7500 square feet.
- Phase 4 has some of the best ski-in/ski-out access in all of Whistler with incredible views from Alta Lake and Mount Currie down South to the Tantalus Range and Mount Fee.
- The road is now paved to the lots for easy access.
If you are interested in finding out more just give me a call on 604-905-9105.